Model Name/Number: C2120/DAC40 & P4200
Price (RRP): £15500
Choice Hifi Price: £12500
Accuphase’s ground-breaking AAVA (Accuphase Analog Vari-gain Amplifier) volume control, first introduced in the model C-2800, has been continually further refined and improved. AAVA operates fully in the analog domain, but it eliminates all potentiometers from the signal path. This has a number of advantages, such as (1) outstanding S/N ratio, (2) extremely low distortion, (3) virtually no change in frequency response and sound quality at any listening level, (4) minimal left/right level differences (tracking errors), and (5) minimal left/right crosstalk. The result is a volume control that far surpasses conventional concepts.
A range of sophisticated option boards opens up even more possibilities. The newly developed Digital Input Board DAC-40 features a USB port and support for high-bit, high-sampling frequency signals up to 192 kHz/24 bits.
The newly developed Analog Disc Input Board AD-30 is also available, ideal for high-grade reproduction of analog records using either MC or MM phono cartridges.
- AAVA volume control for high performance and outstanding sound
- Separate power transformers for left and right channels
- Selectable preamp gain
- Fully modular construction with individual left/right amplifier units on motherboard
- Logic-controlled relays for shortest signal paths
- Independent phase selection for each input position
- Tone controls designed for optimum sound quality
- Option board slots provide additional versatility for digital input handling or analog record playbackThe Stereo Power Amplifier P-4200 incorporates the outstanding design technology of the A-200. Based on the P-4100, it represents a full model change with further enhanced overall circuitry. The power amplifier section features another Accuphase specialty, namely the MCS+ topology in combination with current feedback, ensuring outstanding S/N ratio and superior electrical performance characteristics.
The output stage for each channel uses three pairs of high-power transistors with a Pc rating of 220 watts, arranged in a parallel push-pull configuration. This ensures low output impedance. As demonstrated by the power rating of 500 watts per channel into 1 ohm (music signals only), the P-4200 can easily drive speakers with very low impedance, and speakers with uneven impedance curves are also handled with aplomb.
Output relays have been replaced by MOS-FET switches that combine excellent reliability with highly pure amplification. Redesigned output coils and other features result in lower energy losses and allow a drastic improvement of the damping factor to 500.
- Output stage with triple parallel push-pull configuration for each channel delivers high power down to very low impedance loads
- Instrumentation amplifier principle used in input stage
- MCS+ circuit and current feedback topology in amplification stage
- Bridged connection mode allows upgrading to monophonic amplifier
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency toroidal transformer and large filtering capacitors
- 4-stage gain control
Age: 6 months
Item Location: In Stock
Status: Second Hand